Thursday, November 8, 2012

iPod Limits

Just a quick rant about the limits of the iPod music quality it can output. Straight up it can only output at 24bit/44.1kHz. There are so many lossless audio files out there that are way higher than 44.1kHz. I have Led Zeppelin vinyl rip FLAC's that are 192kHz and damn it there should be a way to listen to them via my iPod so I can take it to my car and headphones. I'm no Audio Engineer and if there is something greater than 24/192 I suggest we just max it out right now and match whatever the highest quality is that gets mixed at and make it available. And... give me a high capacity iPod or let iCloud stream ALAC or something... give me some way to enjoy 100% pure music. Sheesh... gotta get by with this b.s. 24/44.1 for now. Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment